How to Keep Our Homes Clean and Tidy
It is that time of the year again when you have to devote some of your time to spring cleaning. Yes, this is a demanding chore, which features multiple tasks that have to be addressed, if you want to be sure that your home is ready to greet the coming spring with a clean and sanitised environment.
Luckily, there are a few handy strategies that can greatly help your efforts and ensure that the job is done in an easy and timely manner. Finding such easy solutions to annoying chores is a pure blessing, especially if you lack the time to invest in home cleaning. Make sure you give them a try at least, as they can make a huge difference.
- Lemon refreshment for your microwave - if you are a fan of quickly heating up leftovers in your microwave, chances are that you have seen it in a mess. Perhaps even now you are standing in front of it and only delaying the inevitable clean of that spaghetti explosion that recently took place inside. Thankfully, there is a good way that will turn this dreadful cleaning chore into child’s play. Simply cut a lemon or two and put them in a dish with water. Boil this and let it steam inside your microwave for a few minutes. That should make the gunk easily cleanable, and save you some elbow grease.
- Self-cleaning blender - wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a self-cleaning appliance? Well, what we have here is not quite the same, but still very close. The idea is that making smoothies and other wonderful recipes can leave the blender looking somewhat messy. If you don’t want to invest too much effort in cleaning, you can fill it with warm water and add a little dish soap. Turn that concoction on and let it blend for several seconds. The idea is that the soap will work its magic on the blender without you having to wipe and scrub with a sponge. When blending is done, dump the water, rinse and dry. Voila - you are now ready to blend your favourite mix again.
- Easy cleaning of showerheads - there is nothing like a relaxing shower after all that hard spring cleaning work. However, don’t forget that showerheads accumulate a great deal of soap scum and hard water deposits, which may get troublesome at some point. There is an easy solution to assist this type of bathroom cleaning. Fill a plastic bag with vinegar and baking soda, tie it to the showerhead with a plastic band and let it soak overnight. Scrubbing with a simple toothbrush after that is bound to remove all spots with ease.
- Clean your keyboard with cotton buds - too much work on your keyboards (such as when digging home cleaning tips) can make the item quite dirty. In fact, it has been proven that it is one of the dirtiest items around your home. In order to fix this real quick, use cotton buds to reach the tiny space between the keyboard buttons. Dab the buds in a cleaning solution for extra sanitary effect.
- Quick oven cleaner - if you are not into elbow grease that much, then you will love the alternative oven cleaning method. The idea is that you can take a bowl and fill it with half a cup of ammonia. Leaving this overnight will make the task easy the next day and save you a ton of effort.
There is little doubt that all of these handy hacks can save you time and make cleaning easier. Don’t be afraid to implement them in your routine.